Take an eTour
Read our Remote Proofing Case Study
Read our ComponentOne Case Study
Learn about Doc-Value Management
innovative documentation solutions –
for print, CD-ROM or web.
Webcom is a Technical Documentation specialist that manufactures technical documentation in print or electronic format. Built with your content, Webcom will create cross-media documentation that will meet your print, CD or on-line requirements. We’ll even provide a secure web interface that lets you manage your content anytime, anywhere.
By delivering your software manuals via traditional and new media channels – including web site and CD-ROM – we have become a leading, single-source partner for integrated print and documentation solutions.
- Digital Content Management (DCM)
- Documentation via print, CD-ROM or on-line
- Documents-on-Demand through e-commerce sites that allow your customers to purchase documentation in quantities as low as 1 (a simple “end-to-end” transaction with zero inventory)
- Doc-Value Management
- Management of multiple versions or imprints
- Printing of collateral materials including booklets for CD/DVD cover, license agreements, etc.
- Control of production schedules
- Under-one-roof cost control
- Warehousing and distribution
We are able to provide effective solutions to these challenges by creatively applying the knowledge gained from more than 20 years of technical documentation experience. And your U.S. dollars will go further by manufacturing your manuals at Webcom's plant in Canada.
Dedicated Production Team
The Technical Documentation Division is dedicated to providing innovative solutions to technology companies. We are equipped to provide you with the solutions to ensure that delays in documentation production don't compromise your product release. This team will keep tight control of your project from start to finish.
We take responsibility for the entire job from the earliest planning stages, including database management, through to delivery to your customers. Every service needed to complete your job is under one roof.
Among them are the advanced technologies that include:
- FTP file transmission
- All-digital Computer-to-Plate prepress
- Sheetfed presses and coatings for eye-catching covers
- High-speed web presses for cost efficient text printing
- Digital Printing for short runs and customized versions
- Saddle stitching, perfect and lay-flat Otabind binding for user-friendly catalogs
- Finishing services: 3- & 5-hole drilling, shrinkwrapping, packaging
- Warehousing and fulfilment
- In-line CD bind-in
- File repurposing for CD-ROM or printed documentation
- eCommerce site development and hosting (sample 1 2 3 4)
(NOTE: To enlarge sample images position your cursor over the image until the enlarging tool appears in the bottom right. Click on this tool and the image will enlarge.)
Our team is dedicated to producing manuals and keeping tight control of your project. We make it our business to understand and meet your requirements. Our experience can be measured in hundreds of titles and millions of manuals, produced for industry players across North America. Our business is built on satisfied customers.
The All-Digital Advantage
Webcom was among the very first North American printers to offer high technology companies the benefits of all-digital prepress. Our recent investments keep us on the cutting edge - and give our customers even greater value.
The benefits of going digital are considerable:
- Your files can be sent to our password-protected FTP site from anywhere in the world.
- Our filmless Computer-to-Plate system cuts costs and turnaround time while improving quality.
- Digital colour proofs assure that your covers will be printed exactly as you expect without the cost of film.
- Projects can be sent to offset or digital presses depending on the quantity of manuals needed.
- All projects are digitally archived for fast and economical updates and reprints.
Increasingly, software developers are looking to digital alternatives to compliment the printed manual. Webcom's New Product Development Group can help you achieve your goals by developing the electronic applications that will help you get your documentation into your customer's hands while allowing you to focus on what you do best.
User Friendly, Lay-Flat Otabind™ Binding
Webcom was the first book manufacturer in North America to offer this unique binding. Otabind allows manuals to lay-flat and stay open for hands-free use - something your customers will appreciate - and it doesn't cost any more than regular perfect binding. If you would like to see a sample of this binding, just e-mail us or ask your Webcom sales representative.
We understand the importance of deadlines in the software industry. We're confident of our ability to keep jobs on time and on budget and we back our promises with a written confirmation, setting out the production cycle in detail.
For more information please e-mail us or call